Bodyweight Strength Workshop
There are three problems with bodyweight strength training:
You can do it anywhere.
Convenient, but it makes it a bit more difficult to find excuses not to move.
You can’t just add resistance to moves you already know.
Instead, you have to learn how to move in new ways to create more challenges.
You don’t only get stronger.
You also improve your body's ability to do work under imper
This workshop is for anyone who’s interested in learning more about making their body their gym. Besides talking about different principles of strength, and how to include them in your own training, we’ll also go through several exercises and progressions towards specific skills, some of which include:
- The Squat
- Squats, pliés, geisha and sissy squats, pistol squats, skater squats etc
- The Hinge
- Scales, arabesques, RDLs, knee hinges
- Bent arm pushing and pulling
- Push ups, handstand push ups, rows, pull ups
- Straight arm pushing and pulling
- Planche, l-sit, handstand, front levers and hanging drills
- Table top, thoracic bridges, bridges
- And much, much more
Besides the exercises and their variations, we’ll also cover how to set up a program and how to get as much out of your own training as possible by refining the basics, removing unnecessary distractions and establishing a sustainable practice that’ll not only get you started, but that will also allow you to continue.